Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Coffee Shop Review: The Nervous Dog (Akron, Ohio)

Since I went home this weekend, I thought it would be fitting to review a coffee shop my friends and I frequent often in Akron - The Nervous Dog.




Located at 1530 West Market Street in Akron, the 'Dog' (as we sometimes refer to it as) is situated right outside of downtown Akron - the perfect meeting place for most of us (most meaning everyone but me who doesn't actually live in Akron). It's also right by Highland Square, which is a pretty artsy neighborhood outside downtown. What I'm trying to say is, it's a great neighborhood and a great neighborhood coffee shop.





They have a great little patio with tables and chairs, which is usually where we enjoy our drinks so long as it's nice out, and this past weekend it was perfect for that.

The inside of the Dog is the coziest coffee shop I've been in. They have overstuffed armchairs in a circle by their front window, and booths and tables for other seating. There's always music playing, but just loud enough that you'll notice a song you recognize or enjoy - this place is always about conversation and studying or reading. 

Now, for the good stuff - the beverages. The Dog has the best coffee in town, without a doubt. Did I mention they roast their own beans?

Not only do they have the best coffee in town, they also have the best specialty coffee creations in town. Try some of these on for size if you're ever in the Akron area: the Nutty Irish Latte (hazelnut and Irish cream), Snickers Mocha (dark chocolate, hazelnut, caramel) and Black Forest Mocha (dark chocolate and blackberry). And those are just a few of my favorites.

I know this is a coffee blog, but I have to say my usual drink at the Nervous Dog is their chai tea latte. Delicious doesn't even begin to describe it. Plus, when I went home this weekend they had their fall flavors out - pumpkin chai tea latte? Yes, please.

The Nervous Dog is a must-visit if you're in Akron. Or, if you are driving through Stow on Route 8 take the Steels Corner exit and visit their new location there - that one has a drive-thru so you can keep on trucking.

--Alissa

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment