Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Simpler, the Better

I won't lie to you - if I have the money in my wallet to choose between a normal cup of coffee and a pumpkin spice latte, the pumpkin spice latte will win every time. But when it comes to brewing my own coffee in my apartment, the easiest and simplest way to brew wins.

This is my coffee maker.

It used to be my dad's forever ago and when I went to college, he gave it to me. It's been my best friend ever since.

There really can't be a simpler way to make coffee. You measure the water in the pot, pour it into the back, measure the grounds into a filter in the basket and plug it in. Bam. A few minutes later you have coffee.

I know I could get a more modern coffee maker. One that would make more than four cups at a time. Or one with a timer so I could have coffee already brewed when I wake up in the mornings. But I love this coffee maker. I love its simplicity. I love the loud brewing noises that gurgle out of it when it's plugged in.

It's all about the senses with coffee - the noises, the smells - so I think with coffee, as with most things in life, the simpler, the better.


--Alissa

No comments:

Post a Comment